Sandy Hook, CT
Sandy Hook, CT - Sandy Hook is a section of Newtown, CT. There are a couple of things you to know about Sandy Hook:
- Sandy Hook has its own zip code (06482)
- Sandy Hook does not have its own Post Office
- All mail goes through the Newtown Post Office - so you can use 06482 or 06470 for your zip code - mail will get to you either way
- If you search for homes in Sandy Hook, CT, you may or may not find them, as all homes are listed for in Newtown and not all Realtors select the section of town as Sandy Hook.
Sandy Hook Center a place that residents refer to in conversation. Sandy Hook Center is where Church Hill Road, Route 34 (Washington Street), Glen Road and Riverside Road all meet. Ask a local for directions to Shortts Farm and the response will be "Go to Sandy Hook Center and continue straight."
Sandy Hook is bordered on one side by Lake Zoar. Lake Zoar is part of the Housatonic River which runs down to the Long Island Sound by Bridgeport. There are dams along the river and the bodies of water in between are called lakes. During the summer, Lake Zoar is alive with power boats, water skiers, wake boarders, paddle boarders, and kayakers.
Did we mention the Bald Eagles? They nest along Lake Zoar and sometimes, if you're really lucky, you can see one or two. You can visit the Shepaug Dam Bald Eagles Observatory during the winter months and learn all about Bald Eagles.
Treadwell Park, one of the town parks, is located in Sandy Hook where there are ball fields, the town pool, tennis courts and 2 pavilions at Treadwell. Eichler's Cove is the public marina and beach. Both are run by Newtown's Park and Recreation Department.
A couple of other things to know about Sandy Hook Center is that there are sidewalks, shops and restaurants. It's a nice place to walk around. A small bridge passes over the Pootatuck River where the Newtown Lions Clus holds the Great Pootatuck Duck Race every year.
Search Sandy Hook, CT Homes for Sale
Today's Market Trends for Sandy Hook, CT *
* All data pertains to single-family homes